Site Service Technician
Our international client, an innovator and at the cutting edge of fuel cell technology, have revolutionized the material handling industry with its full-service solution.
They are now seeking a Site Service Technician who will support their clients fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. This person will be responsible for the installation and servicing of a fleet of fuel cells at their client location in Lyon.
The technician will also be responsible for reporting breakdown events, parts ordering, and maintenance of fuel cells at a specific location. This position presents a great amount of exposure to customer personnel and electric lift truck operators, and thus requires a person with excellent technical skills as well as communication, interpersonal and motivational skills. A person in this position could have the potential for promotion to Field Service Technician.
- Maintenance and service of fuel cells at their client site.
- Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at customer locations.
- Performing specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
- Providing emergency support service to customers as required.
- Purchasing tools, equipment, and parts for customer service and support as required.
- May require troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
- May include maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel hydrogen suppliers regarding aftermarket support of fuel cells.
- Providing regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues.
- Completing administrative duties & documentation, including incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance and site and system documentation.
- Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
- Maintain stock and repair capabilities in the Service Centers.
- French & English language skills required.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, engineering drawings and piping & instrumentation diagrams in English.
- Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications preferred though not essential.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Computer software skills – Windows, internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal communicator.
- Clear, precise written communicator.
- Creativity in solving technical problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework
- Three or more years direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, please email your CV with motivation to Karen Barton at Madison Parker International – email@example.com