Plug Power is the leading provider of clean hydrogen and zero-emission fuel cell solutions that are both cost-effective and reliable. With more than 35,000 fuel cell units deployed, and more than 20 years of innovation, Plug Power is the largest buyer of liquid hydrogen and has built more hydrogen refueling stations than anyone else in the world. Green hydrogen represents a cornerstone of Plug Power’s long-term vertical integration strategy, and we believe it will be essential to our efforts to build a modern clean hydrogen economy.
Green hydrogen generation and storage are key support components to our strategy and plans to have green hydrogen account for more than 50% of Plug Power’s hydrogen usage by 2024. We are poised to become one of the largest green hydrogen generation companies in the world.
Production Manager (gn)
The position is located in our new European Headquarter in the greater Düsseldorf area.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
• Implementation and control of operational processes of the site
• Monitoring compliance with safety regulations
• Planning of machine operations
• Supervision of purchasing and control of the raw materials and resources available
• Guarantee that all systems work without problems and are based on our quality standards
• Establish production KPIs and conduct quality assessments by evaluating figures and facts
• Provide reports based on figures and estimates to management as appropriate
• Monitor daily operations and resolve potential problems as they arise
• Maximize the efficiency of all business processes
• Establish processes that meet our business goals and ensure compliance
• Coordinate with HR to ensure our hiring plans meet our business needs
• Considering the needs of external and internal stakeholders and integrating them into new strategic plans
• Education in the commercial or industrial area
• Additional studies in business administration, mechanical engineering or system engineering (desirable/essential)
• 5+ years previous experience as a site manager, production manager, project manager or in a similar role with personnel responsibility
• Excellent knowledge of operations management
• Knowledge of the safety regulations
• Experience with predictive models
• Experience with databases and project management software
• Ability to interpret financial data and allocate budgets
• Very good knowledge of English and fluent German – C1 level
International work environment with one of the big players in the field of hydrogen power. You will be working interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on the support from committed team members. Further, we offer competitive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the below mentioned e-mail address. As we are growing rapidly and have many different open positions, we are engaging third parties for selected jobs. For this job posting we are glad to have Madison Parker International providing their expertise and broad reach in the industry in order to fill the position with the best possible candidate. Therefore, we kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than directly to Karen Barton from Madison Parker International as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via this.
For more information about this position, you are welcome to contact our advising Recruiter Karen Barton, at Madison Parker International on +31 (0)70 387 5911 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference.
We look forward to receiving your application!
• Leadership responsibility and leadership qualities
• Role model function
• Strategic thinking skills
Plug Power Inc., Latham (NY), US