Manager Operations Improvement
Our client is looking for a Manager Operations Improvement for the Quality & Improvements sub-team and one of the operational sub-teams.
As Manager Operations you should have the ability to coach, inspire and motivate. You must have knowledge in the banking sector within process and product improvement and be solution driven.
The Operations department is a new department in the organisation and is an internationally oriented team. It consists of sub-teams responsible for Debt, Equity and Treasury Operations. One of the sub-teams is responsible for Quality & Improvements, and the centralized Procurement function. Operations is the functional owner of the core product administration systems for debt (ACBS), equity (FIA) and treasury (Wallstreet Suite and SWIFT). Operations is the linking pin between Investments and Risk & Finance, ensuring a reliable administration throughout the product lifecycle.
The Operations management team consists of a Director and three Managers, each responsible for their own sub-teams, and working closely together to deliver the best possible service by Operations.
By combining existing activities that leverage similar capabilities, the Operations department aims to achieve:
- End-to-end process support and administration in a pro-active and service-oriented way.
- Enable innovative product offering in an operationally controlled way.
- Champion continuous improvement of operational quality, efficiency and risk management.
- Add value to procurement.
You will be managing a team of approximately 8 people.
As Manager Operations you translate the strategic organizational goals into annual goals for the team. You are responsible for the outcome of the goals by deciding, planning and setting priorities. You enable, inspire and coach the individual team members towards achieving results as well as building professional and personal development. You will promote an open learning culture striving for service excellence and quality assurance. You constructively align stakeholders, working in close cooperation with Investment teams, IT and Risk & Finance.
Along with your team your key responsibilities will be:
- As part of the Operations Management team, contribute to build the Operations team and achieve department objectives. Translate the strategy in team objectives and deliverables.
- Establish continuous improvement of systems and processes to accelerate change and be a strategy enabler. Develop the functional system ownership role by setting standards and a way of working that support this.
- Strengthen the internal control environment to reduce/control risks and improve operational standards. Enhance the effectiveness of controls that results in a learning environment.
- Enable product development and innovation, striking the right balance between pragmatic, efficient and long-term sustainable implementation of new products in operational systems and processes.
- End-to-end process support and administration by the operational team under your responsibility, ensuring timely, accurate and correct daily operations in a pro-active and service-oriented way. Be the escalation point to resolve issues.
We are looking for a self-driven passionate professional who has strong affinity with systems and processes and a drive to improve.
Your background includes:
- A University degree
- More than 6 years of relevant work experience, including team leadership
- Good understanding of process management and operational control
- Experience with functional system management for financial institutions
- Track record as a change agent
- Fluent in English
Your competencies include:
- Stakeholder management: Has the ability manage, connect and bring together diverse stakeholder’s interests in a way beneficial to the organisations strategy.
- Collaboration: Shows to be a true team-player and demonstrates excellent commutation and influencing skills with a well-developed intercultural and situational sensitivity.
- Team leadership: Nurture the organisations culture by leading by example and act according to the values. People orientated manager, with the ability to motivate, inspire and challenge people and to build a high performing team.
- Organisational change: Holds a successful track record on implementing innovation and change needed for excellent performance in a changing environment.
- Direction (and planning): The ability to integrate a variety of information into a (mid-term) plan with inspiring targets and to manage, direct people and processes according to the plan, to monitor the progress of activities concerned and to (re) establish priorities when needed.
- Results orientated: The ability to set and reach stretched (team and individual) targets and to promote (and improve) professional standards and behaviour.
- Responsibility: Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards and acts as a role model for the team and colleagues. Take ownership for the team’s actions or changes and open dialogues to create or enforce commitment.
For more information please email Karen Barton at Madison Parker International – firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on +31 (0) 70 387 5911