Established for over four decades and active in over 70 countries our client has an exciting opportunity for you to join their team as an International Trader in the FMCG industry. They offer a great working environment in an international, young, friendly and dynamic team.
On a daily basis, you will manage and grow the business, you will have the freedom to use your own initiative. International business is part of your job in an environment with a strong commercial ethos. You will report directly to your Division Leader or a Senior Trader.
- Manage the business with your suppliers and customers; keeping track of offers and inquiries, pending deals and market developments.
- Negotiate prices, payment and delivery terms.
- Search for new business looking for fresh opportunities with a focus on your own market, but you are also free to think global and look across any border.
- Working with the Logistics Team to close and deliver deals to both your customers and suppliers.
- Keeping suppliers and clients financial and account information up to date.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or business.
- Excellent level of English. In addition, you will be fluent in either French, German, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin.
- You have a good understanding of your trading market and know the right time to sell and buy, as well as to what margin!
- Several years’ relevant experience in an active sales/purchase/trading position.
- 25% (or more) of your work time travelling to different countries.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a demonstrated ability in creating new business opportunities.
- You thrive on challenging targets and you meet or beat them.
- You are confident, charismatic, positive, proactive and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Personal & Home Care, Beauty, Foods, Sports & Fashion or Health is highly desirable.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and presentation skills.
- You can set priorities, juggle tasks, and you meet your deadlines
- A valid driving license.
Our clients provide a challenging working environment with variation and responsibility, plus the potential to grow!
The role is full time and the salary is dependent on your experience. There are also excellent secondary employment conditions.
In order to be considered for the role, you must have a good level of English (preferably native) and in addition speak one of the following languages - Italian, French, Spanish, German or Mandarin.
There are also opportunities for native English speakers who will work within the US market.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with motivation to Karen Barton at Madison Parker International – firstname.lastname@example.org – or apply via the Apply Now link.