- About Us
- Contact us
Plug Power is the leading provider of clean hydrogen and zero-emission fuel cell solutions that are both cost-effective and reliable. With more than 35,000 fuel cell units deployed, and more than 20 years of innovation, Plug Power is the largest buyer of liquid hydrogen and has built more hydrogen refuelling stations than anyone else in the world.
Green hydrogen represents a cornerstone of Plug Power’s long-term vertical integration strategy, and we believe it will be essential to our efforts to build a modern clean hydrogen economy.
Green hydrogen generation and storage are key support components to our strategy and plans to have green hydrogen account for more than 50% of Plug Power’s hydrogen usage by 2024. We are poised to become one of the largest green hydrogen generation companies in the world.
Due to continued expansion, Plug Power has an exciting opportunity to join the team as a:
Field Service Technician (gn)
based in Vendin-Le-Vieil, Lille area, France.
The Field Service Technician will support Plug Powers fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. You should have the ability to think in solutions!!!
You will be responsible for the installation servicing a fleet of fuel cells, reporting breakdown events, parts ordering and maintenance of fuel cells. In addition, you will be the main point of contact for Plug Power with the client and personnel, so this position requires an individual with both excellent technical skills and exceptionally strong communication, interpersonal and motivational skills. You will also be required to provide feedback internally within Plug Power.
• Maintenance and service of fuel cells at the client site.
• Providing onsite support and maintaining/building a strong relationship with the client and other employees.
• Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at customer locations.
• Performing specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
• Providing emergency support service as required.
• Purchasing tools, equipment, and parts.
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
• Maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel hydrogen suppliers regarding aftermarket support of fuel cells.
• Providing regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues
• Completing administrative duties & documentation, including incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance and site and system documentation.
• Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
• Maintain stock and repair capabilities.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on H2 Supply System (if installed by Plug Power)
• Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels.
• Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting skills and repair skills.
• Ability to read and understand written instructions, engineering drawings and piping & instrumentation diagrams in English.
• Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications preferred.
• General mechanical aptitude.
• Computer software skills – Windows, internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Strong verbal communication.
• Fluent French & English language skills required.
• Clear, precise written communicator.
• Creativity in solving technical problems – thinks out of the box.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework
• Three or more years direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience.
• Must possess a valid EU driving license and a clean driving record.
International work environment with one of the big players in the field of hydrogen power. You will be working interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on the support from committed team members. Further, we offer competitive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the below mentioned e-mail address. As we are growing rapidly and have many different open positions, we are engaging third parties for selected jobs. For this job posting we are glad to have Madison Parker International providing their expertise and broad reach in the industry in order to fill the position with the best possible candidate. Therefore, we kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than directly to Karen Barton from Madison Parker International as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via this.
For more information about this position, you are welcome to contact our advising Recruiter Karen Barton, at Madison Parker International on +31 (0)70 387 5911 or by email at email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Plug Power Inc., Latham (NY), US