Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician will support our fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. This person will be responsible for the installation servicing a fleet of fuel cells at customer locations in Europe.
This person will also be responsible for reporting breakdown events, parts ordering and maintenance of fuel cells at a specific location. This position presents a great amount of exposure to customer personnel and electric lift truck operators, and thus requires a person with excellent technical skills as well as communication, interpersonal and motivational skills. A person in this position has the potential for promotion to a regional service representative position.
- Maintenance and service of fuel cells at customer sites.
- Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at customer locations.
- Performing specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
- Providing emergency support service to customers as required.
- Purchasing tools, equipment, and parts for customer service and support as required.
- May require troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fuelling systems.
- May include maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel hydrogen suppliers regarding aftermarket support of fuel cells.
- Providing regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues.
- Completing administrative duties & documentation, including: incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance and site and system documentation.
- Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
- Travel over 80% mostly but not exclusive in Europe
- Maintain stock and repair capabilities in the Service Center in Belgium
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, engineering drawings and piping & instrumentation diagrams in English
- Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position, within the EU and globally
- Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications preferred
- General mechanical aptitude
- Computer software skills – Windows, internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Conversational and technical fluency in English, minimum level A3
- Conversational and technical fluency in French and/or Dutch/German, other languages would be beneficial, minimum level B2
- Clear, precise written communicator
- Creativity in solving technical problems
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Punctual and reliable
- Specific fuel cell tools to be provided by the company.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework
- Three or more years direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience.
- Must possess a valid driver license, a clean driving record, and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
For more information please email Karen Barton at Madison Parker International – email@example.com or call her on +31 (0) 70 387 5911