- About Us
- Contact us
Plug Power is the leading provider of clean hydrogen and zero-emission fuel cell solutions that are both cost-effective and reliable. With more than 35,000 fuel cell units deployed, and more than 20 years of innovation, Plug Power is the largest buyer of liquid hydrogen and has built more hydrogen refuelling stations than anyone else in the world.
Green hydrogen represents a cornerstone of Plug Power’s long-term vertical integration strategy, and we believe it will be essential to our efforts to build a modern clean hydrogen economy.
Green hydrogen generation and storage are key support components to our strategy and plans to have green hydrogen account for more than 50% of Plug Power’s hydrogen usage by 2024. We are poised to become one of the largest green hydrogen generation companies in the world.
Director, Finance Europe
Responsible for the direction and management of the organization’s European finance team activities. These activities include the statutory filings for European entities, tax planning and tax strategy (including VAT), operational reporting and corporate reporting support, management of banking and investment relationships, financial results and cash forecasting, European financial operation coordination and oversight, strategic planning support of varied business units, and comprehensive risk management (including insurance program support). Also responsible for supporting the Europe sales team across all company business units in procuring new business and finance activities associated with new order and contract administration as well as supporting related acquisitions and joint ventures. Additional duties include day-to-day management of the enterprise accounting function and mentoring of staff, support for government funded programs, and support on long-term capital funding strategies.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cash Management - Control disbursements, effect collections, handle international collections and payments, forecast cash flow.
• Statutory filings and Corporate Reporting – Tax filings, tax planning, statutory audits, auditor support, and varied corporate financial and operational reporting
• Banking relationships – procure and manage banking credit facilities in context of corporate strategies, monitor covenant requirements and funding needs for business operations and expansion. Also working with lending partners to establish customer financing alternatives to assist Plug sales team in having a full solution offering to end customers.
• Assist with general accounting activities as needed in normal monthly close and reporting processes for the enterprise.
• Assist in the financial modelling, proposal development tracking, and reporting of government funded programs.
• Financial Planning and Analysis – scorecarding, strategic plan and projections, economic trends and updates.
• Financial oversight over European operations and deal support for new investment opportunities – Plug wholly owned operations, joint ventures, etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Finance/Accounting, preferably MBA
• 5+ years’ experience with large global company or accounting firm in relevant functions
• Knowledge of multiple areas within finance
• Key technical knowledge and requirements:
o rolling up European financials in USGAAP and reconciliation to local gaap and stat books
o Adept at FAS52 (foreign accounting standard)
o Chartered accountant, versed in corporate and local tax and secondment issues
o FCPA (foreign corrupt practices act) and required US reporting
o SOX reporting requirements
• Analytical aptitude and data management, strong communication and presentation skills.
• Detail oriented and strong documentation skills
• Demonstrated financial management and technical skill experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills (independence and confidence to present views and perspectives)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Team player and mentor for staff accountants
• Must be driven and self-motivated
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the below mentioned e-mail address. As we are growing rapidly and have many different open positions, we are engaging third parties for selected jobs. For this job posting we are glad to have Madison Parker International providing their expertise and broad reach in the industry in order to fill the position with the best possible candidate. Therefore, we kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than directly to Karen Barton from Madison Parker International as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via this.
For more information about this position, you are welcome to contact our advising Recruiter Karen Barton, at Madison Parker International on +31 (0)70 387 5911 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Plug Power Inc., Latham (NY), US