Commercial Development Manager
Our client provides a powerful sensor-fusion platform for homeland security applications, comprising mostly of counter-drone protection and intelligence collection for law-enforcement .
Their customers are government agencies, civilian airports and critical infrastructure facilities.
They are now looking to broaden their global reach to more clients by identifying new needs and markets and tailoring sensor-fusion applications for new use cases, and by creating alliances with sensor vendors to build a powerful cooperative sales network.
To help drive this growth, they are looking to appoint an experienced sales and business development specialist to play a lead role in this next phase of the company’s development.
Reporting to the General Manager, the key responsibilities include;
- Identification of target prospects and conducting market analysis;
- Approaching clients, understanding needs and requirements, product definition, securing pilots and closing sales;
- Make regular contact with prospective customers in order to effectively communicate the company’s value statement and work to cultivate a fruitful business relationship.
- Engage prospective customers through progressive steps in the sales process in order to earn confidence and work towards agreement for purchase orders.
- Address any customer concerns and share relevant feedback;
- Approaching possible partners and negotiating cooperation & resale agreements,
- Identifying and promoting integration opportunities;
- Crafting proposals and responding to calls for tender;
- Manage all pricing and contractual negotiations within the target markets and territories;
- Representing the company with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity in all interactions.
- Degree qualified in business or a relevant technical subject;
- Sales/business development professional with a minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in a senior sales/business development role;
- Background in any of: Government, Security, Defence, Military, Law enforcement and Critical infrastructure facilities with strong connections;
- In-depth understanding of sales and procurement cycles within above sectors;
- Technically aware (software) and able to quickly grasp concepts and integration possibilities;
- Energetic relationship builder and door opener;
- Experience of both direct & indirect sales channels preferred - integrator experience a plus;
- Has a willingness to operate with a high degree of autonomy;
- Should be self-motivated, passionate, honest, loyal, fair and have human values;
- English & Dutch speaker – other EU languages such as German and French will be a plus.
- Willing to split their time between office/home and customer sites (work location Amstelveen);
- Covering Netherlands, Germany, Benelux, UK in the first instance but Western Europe over time;
Our client offers a market competitive salary and bonus incentive plus car and benefits.
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send your CV with motivation to Ray Parker at Madison Parker International – firstname.lastname@example.org.