Procurement Specialist - Milan
Our client is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist. Working with the outsourcing team within the Italian office where you will manage all client order pricing request in pricing reviews and margin allocation based on company set margin. Working with selected suppliers in best package optimization and pricing solution. Activities may include planning, organizing, negotiating, purchasing, and delivery of print production products; optimizing price, delivery and service, which include long-term strategic and tactical aspects of purchasing and supply chain management.
- Provide all pricing and alternative options to Estimating for outsourcing print, envelopes and paper utilizing suppliers agreements and directly soliciting pricing from the marketplace for products/services not included under Corporate agreements.
- Maintain designated markups as determined by Senior Management team for each material (cost vs sell price)
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules for all outsourced orders based on client mail date requirement and suppliers requirements
- Purchase material and supplies at the lowest cost consistent with required quality, quantity and availability, and on-time delivery
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors, monitor compliance with contractual agreements, internal quality standards, and regulatory requirements
- Accountable for margin improvement, on work which was quoted at bid vs now a won work;.
- Track all cost savings that for all outsourced order for mailings and bulk components Cost V’s sales
- Project quoting and procurement of print and direct mail projects (ad hoc and programmatic), including lettershop and postage optimization responsibilities
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors using request for proposal process, managing supplier selection process based upon price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Serve as the main point of contact between plant and supplier for all estimating, customer service, manufacturing needs, etc
- Language requirement - English written and verbal communication plus French or German speaking
- 3+ years direct mail and commercial print buying - including offset printing (web, sheet-fed, continuous form, and inline finishing); digital printing
- Analytical Skills: Procurement managers work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Experience working with suppliers to negotiate job cost and schedules.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication, analysis, negotiation, facilitation, work in a team environment, organization, collaboration, contract interpretation, multi-tasking, project management & implementation skills, and solid computer skills including Windows, Outlook, & Excel.
- (Business, Purchasing or Accounting) or equivalent knowledge of total business interactions through work experience. A minimum of three years purchasing experience in a manufacturing company with a strong working knowledge of purchasing principles, policies and procedures. Knowledge of Printing and Lettershop industry preferred.
Interested? Please send your CV with salary breakdown to Danyel Zisman – Resource Consultant email@example.com