Marketing Activation Manager “Test & Learn”
For our client, we are looking for a “Test & Learn” (T&L) – Marketing Activation Manager which is an important role in our client’s organization and part of their ambition to build RCM.
T&L is an overarching initiative, testing new marketing initiatives (based on fresh thinking and connected consumer journeys,) aiming to learn its effectiveness and efficiency in realizing consumer pull objectives (Believe / Buy / Belong / Buy Again / NPS). An important driver for the success of “T&L” depends on the ability to grow the brand Eco-system through new and engaging consumer activations. T&L needs to inform the business on scaling up these activities by capturing evaluations in a concise and relevant manner.
The position is responsible for developing, aligning, executing and evaluating of T&L-activations in existing and new markets.
The Marketing Activation Manager “Test & Learn” ensures flawless communication between the EU & ROW organization, the IMB markets, Marketing and agency representatives. This position requests a high level of independency, drive and cultural empathy. The role encompasses the whole field of marketing activation and considers all stakeholders: consumers, shoppers and trade-partners. Since the role is based on the complete on-and off-line consumer journey, the manager needs to have proven knowledge and experience in Social Media, Data-base Management and CRM. At least 30% of traveling is required in this position.
The position is based in Amsterdam and part of the EU & ROW organization and reports into the Project Leader “T&L”.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Support the EU & ROW organization to design and operationalize the Strategic needs of the “T&L”-program. Realize the desired brand and business objectives through the “T&L”-model, based on a consumer centric- and omni-channel-approach.
- Engage markets with the “T&L”-program and align on “T&L”-activations, timings, objectives and measurements.
- Capture the effectiveness and efficiency of “T&L”-initiatives in a concise dashboard that delivers insights for the global business and is thus the platform to decide on scale-up potential. Summarize findings in succinct evaluations.
- Actively engages and manages all key stakeholders, ensuring “T&L”-activations are aligned with the brand agenda, the EU & ROW business plan and the local market needs.
- Contributes to the development of new “T&L”-initiatives that are either optimizations of existing platforms, or based on transformative thinking and completely new to the business.
- Advises on the right investment levels and pro-actively proposes “T&L”-agendas for markets linked to the realization of RCM and market ambitions.
- Support the Cluster / Market-teams in the execution of “T&L”-activations.
- Contribute or lead in multi-functional groups to develop or implement “T&L” activations (Digital/ Marketing / Finance / etc.).
- EU & ROW-Organization
- Executive Team
- IMB Clusters / Markets
- Supply Chain
- CORA Team
- Brand Activation Agencies: thematic, promotional, P.R., Digital
- Media Agency
- Third party partners
- Influencers (both companies, organizations and individuals)
- Relevant University/College degree.
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative leadership.
- 8 + years of directly related Marketing / Sales Experience. Has led teams, both as project- and as hierarchical manager.
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives thru execution of multiple, highly complex marketing campaigns and activities.
- Experience with Digital media, Community building and CRM.
- Result and output driven: building, mutual understanding with all stakeholders and creating the right structure and atmosphere for successful collaboration. Active project-management, as leader or participant, taking accountability for the quality, timing and results of the executions.
- Change-agent and self-starter. Inspiring and result-oriented. Likes to lead by example.
- Ability to work under stress, managing multiple projects simultaneously. Great ability to prioritize.
- Mobilizes the organization by effective listening and delivery of messages (written & verbal communication). Good presenter. Likes to influence others and gets the job done. Empathic and culturally adaptable with relevant experience in multi-cultural settings (both from a geographic- and business- perspective).
- Resourceful and inventive; able to get highest return on investments, based on great judgement and smart resource-planning. Hungry to realize the biggest business impact with modest investments.
- Strong analytical skills. Highly capable to build connections between business objectives and activities and to decide on the right selection. Identifies patterns and proposes solutions to exceed business expectations. Able to build repeatable success across markets with an increasing level of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Computer literacy; strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in multinational FMCG company
- Experience in working with or for technology driven companies
- Experience in a multi-national corporate matrix environment.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with cross-functional and cross- national departments to achieve overall business objectives
- Work-experience in Europe and ideally, the ability to speak another European language (in addition to English).
Our client offers excellent working conditions including competitive salary and the chance to work in a fast-paced international environment.
Interested? Please send your CV with salary indicator to Melanie Ullmann, Director of Recruitment - email@example.com