- Location: Amsterdam Area
- Salary: Competitive package
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Static & Rotary
Our client has built a technological lead specializing in design, development, lease and operation of tanker-based production and storage systems, and has become a leading provider of innovative offshore technology. They are currently looking for Mechanical (Rotating and/or Static) Equipment Engineer who provide the engineering output for the discipline as per project and section requirements and to coach more junior Engineers. By engineering output is meant all details, information and data required to define a design for purposes of documenting, modelling, specifying, estimating, manufacture/fabrication, installation, and operation.
- To perform set engineering activities and to deliver the engineering output in accordance to the project requirements and the corporate management system (CMS);
- To ensure that engineering activities and deliverables meet the specified level of quality;
- To be capable to act as Lead Engineer on projects and to direct staff assigned to the project;
- To assist the Project Engineer in obtaining Client and third party approval on the project;
- To demonstrate schedule awareness for own work and pro-active addressing of progress to the Project Engineer;
- To report to the Section Head on project/personal achievements and corporate/section matters and to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a project;
- To update and share knowledge and procedures on all relevant mechanical engineering aspects and share this within the discipline;
- To act as company specialist for (rotating) mechanical equipment. As such support projects in engineering, construction and commissioning phase;
- To set-up and maintain standard specifications for mechanical (rotating) equipment;
- To set-up and maintain historical cost data and delivery times for mechanical (rotating) equipment;
- To assist in tenders to develop power generation and gas compression concept and provide cost and delivery data;
- To share knowledge and update procedures on all relevant discipline aspects.
Additionally, authority and responsibilities as indicated in the company’s Corporate Management System Documents apply.
- MSc or BSc in Mechanical engineering;
- 4+ years experience in specifying and/or commissioning of mechanical (rotating) equipment in the oil and gas industry;
- In-Depth knowledge of offshore rules and regulations;
- Computer literacy for engineering calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and databases;
- Proven experience with concept, basic, detailed and construction design / engineering phases;
- Fluent in English and willing to travel.
We offer excellent working conditions including competitive salary, bonus and the chance to work in a truly international environment.
For more information on Madison Parker International or this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this position is Ray Parker.